Saturday, January 9, 2010

New to us.


Dorian I is a 1981 Ennos Sapphire 3200 which I think is about 32' long - the survey says it is 30' and the marina folks (who charge by the foot) say it is 33'. Whatever, it is the right size for our purposes.
My brother Douglas & I (and our families) purchased her in July of 2009 after selling our Albin 25 Motorsailor. Vagabond was a beautifully restored vessel but was simply too small for us. She went to a new home in Florida.
Dorian I was in good shape for a 28 year old boat but had been sitting for a number of years with little or no use so we are finding that a number of the domestic systems need replacing - fridge, stove, hot water heater - although the hull, superstructure and engine are in great shape.
Beyond the domestic systems we are also upgrading the electronics and looking to purchase a new dinghy.

No comments:

Post a Comment